Old Bank House Country Inn
Niagara on the Lake
Boasting unsurpassed views of Lake Ontario, the Niagara River and the famous gazebo The Old Bank House Country Inn is Niagara-on-the-Lake's premier boutique inn and has the distinction of being featured by AAA and Frommer's Travel Guides.
Steeped in history, this two-story Georgian building was originally built in 1802 and in 1817 restored and designated in the early 1820's as the first branch of the Bank of Upper Canada. It is currently the site of the first commercial Historic Country Inn which has been operating for over a 100 years. In 1902, it hosted the Prince and Princess of Wales, many visiting dignitaries over the years and more recently in 2005, the Old Bank House hosted HRH Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine Karadjordjevic of Serbia during a humanitarian mission.
Featuring 9 rooms, each with their own en suite bathroom, flat screen cable TV's, complimentary WiFi, The Old Bank House is just steps from the Shaw Festival Theater, Queen Street shopping district, fine restaurants, world renowned wineries, Niagara on the Lake Marina and Yacht club, Fort George and Niagara Parkway recreational trail as well as North America's oldest golf course and some of the most scenic landscapes in Canada.
Surrounded by patios and a 50 foot porch our guests enjoy both indoor and outdoor spaces. The Building has been completely remodeled and updated offering private ( en suite ) bathrooms. All rooms are tastefully decorated with central air and we offer complimentary parking
Owner(s) speak fluent French, Ensuite (attached) or Private Bathroom, Hot Breakfast Served, Suitable For Guests With Children, Air Conditioned, Free High Speed Wireless Internet, Local Calls Free From Onsite Phone, Historic Building, Cable/Satellite TV, Deck Seating Area, Jacuzzi Available