Niagara on the Lake
Your hosts: Marzena and Yarek welcome you to Darlington House, a premium bed and breakfast in a luxurious Early Canadian Loyalist style home overlooking the historic military grounds of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
We are inside the Old Town and only a short, relaxing stroll among the beautiful historical buildings, homes and gardens to Queen Street.
An elegant retreat with privacy, comfort and view! Each of our three luxurious, private rooms have en- suite bathrooms, a comfortable sitting area beside the electric fireplace. Our guests are also invited to enjoy our library or the terrace in front of the house overlooking Niagara parkland or at the back of the house in a more private area.
We offer private parking, smoke-free, adult environment.
NOTL - STR Licence Number: 066-2017
Ensuite (attached) or Private Bathroom, Hot Breakfast Served, Private Entrance, Air Conditioned, Free High Speed Wireless Internet, Local Calls Free From Onsite Phone, Cable/Satellite TV, Fireplace, Outdoor Screened Area For Guests, Deck Seating Area, Electric vehicle charging station available
Full breakfast included
Breakfast in our home is more than we serve!
Every morning in a formal dining room at 9 am is our guests have an opportunity to sit across a table to share a good time together.
Early Birds can enjoy their first complimentary cup of coffee and cookie any time they want. We have a special guest service area, located on the second floor(besides all bedrooms)with refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker, kettle, dishes and cutlery for snacks.
Our breakfast starts healthy and this could be:
* Going green smoothy
* Exotic dried fruit compote
* Creamy steel cut oats with roasted pears or apples
* Pouched or baked pears or apples with cinnamon maple, walnuts and goat cheese
* yogurt with honey, nuts and blueberries
....then we start our main entree
* Asparagus with poached eggs and Parmesan
* Smoked salmon with broccoli and poached eggs
* Eggs on the cloud with bacon and fried vegetables
* Eggs Benedict with hollandaise sauce
* Cheese and herb stuffed with sauteed mushrooms
All main entree is served with fresh toasts, croissants, butter and jam.
....and then we go to the sweet treats!
* crepes with creme fraiche and cherry jam
* Banana bread with strawberry compote and mascarpone
* Broiled nectarines with cinnamon toast( brioche)
* Apple and berry crumble muffins
* Lemon cake
What is on the menu during your stay will depends on the season and my growing experience (Ha Ha)
Please inform us for booking your reservation for any special dietary needs. We will be catered to the best or our ability.
Bon Appetit! Smacznego!
CLOSEST ATTRACTIONS :
* Niagara`s award-winning theatres (Shaw Festival Theater, Royal George, Court House Theater) (1km)
* Queen Street Shopping district flower- (1km) filled,tree-lined old town 19-th century buildings
* Unique Restaurants
* 9th hole first fairway of the oldest golf course in North America ( Niagara on the Lake Golf course)many more to choose from.
* 19-th century Ford George-build by British to defend against Americans Attacks
* Navy Hall and Niagara Historical Museum
* Niagara Parks Recreational Bike Trail
* Maid of Mist, Spanish Aero Car
* Journey Behind The Falls, Great George Adventure
* Butterfly Conservatory, Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens
* Skylon Tower & Revolving Dining Room
* Whirlpool Public Golf Course
* Queenston Height of Brock's Monument
* Welland Canal System and Viewing Center
We have 88 Wineries to visit: from the big one to a small boutique one. All of them are unique and worth to experience and all of them in short walking or driving distance
Peller Estates Winery(1.4km),
Between The Lines
Big Head and much more...
We do have a variety of tasting passes for local wineries available for all guests.
QEW Niagara. After the skyway in St.Catherines, take the 2nd exit, Niagara-o-the-Lake 38B. From Glendale Ave, left on York Rd, then right on Airport Rd. At Regional Rd 55(Niagara Stone Rd), turn right and follow 55 until John Street. Turn right and follow to Charlotte St. Turn right. We are at the corner of John Street East and Charlotte.
From New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania:
Cross into Canada at Buffalo (Peace Bridge), Niagara Falls or Lewiston NY.
Take the QEW to exit 38, turn right on Glendale Ave then follow direction from Toronto.
Take highways 401 an 403 to Hamilton.
Exit Hwy 403 to the Lincoln M.Alexander Pkwy, which becomes the Red Hill Valley Pkwy. Join the QEW and then follow directions from Toronto.
US Visitors: Remember about taking Passports