A Li'l Bit of Eden
Niagara on the Lake
Don't see Niagara, Live it!
Sleep in private comfort. For breakfast, enjoy and array of home made treats and home-grown produce.
Delight in Niagara's Wineries. Appreciate local theatre and arts.
Kick back and relax amid books, pool, gardens and games.
Your hosts, Rudy & Brenda Kuijer will be happy to share the town that they grew up in with you, our guest.
Arrive as guests, Return as Friends
Located in a quiet rural residential neighborhood in the heart of Niagara's wine country, A Li'l Bit of Eden Bed and Breakfast, offers a taste of Niagara in every way.
From this central location, our guests are a short drive from hundreds of area attractions.
- Within a 15-minute walk are Trius Estate Winery and Restaurant, Gretzky Winery/Distillery/Brewery, 7 restaurants, several antique shops.
- It is only minutes to the Virgil bike path and an easy 5 km on country roads to the Niagara River recreational trail or the Welland Canal Seaway Trail. There are several e-bike and bicycle rental shops nearby.
- Within a 25-minute radius by car, you can experience local cottage wineries, historic Old Town Niagara-on-the-Lake, the impressive Welland Canal and Niagara Falls with all the attractions it has to offer.
Be sure to leave time to enjoy all that our property has to offer
- Curl up with a book by one of our ponds or gardens.
- In the Common Room, catch some TV or exercise your competitive side with a board game or at the pool table.
- Enjoy the pool and hot tub (the outdoor hot tub is open in most weather conditions, all year).
- Wander out to our back garden to nibble on some fresh, sustainably grown produce. Last year we grew a sampling of over 60 different fruits, berries, vegetables and herbs. (Forget the 100 mile diet â weâre trying for the 100 meter diet!)
We (your hosts, Rudy & Brenda Kuijer) have developed the property for our own enjoyment over a period of over 40 years. We now would be honored to share it and the entire Niagara experience with you, our guest.
Ensuite (attached) or Private Bathroom, Hot Breakfast Served, Suitable For Guests With Children, Private Entrance, Air Conditioned, Free High Speed Wireless Internet, Local Calls Free From Onsite Phone, Deck Seating Area, Outdoor Pool, Jacuzzi Available
Full breakfast included
The breakfast experience is where Rudy and Brenda shine. Rudy's love for gardening and Brenda's flair for baking come together on the table to showcase Niagara's rich farming heritage. Enjoy a full breakfast in the dining room or, weather permitting, breakfast is served on the deck overlooking the orchards of Niagara.
We love to surprise you with a sampling of Niagara's bounty right out of our back garden.
- Your fresh eggs and pancakes will come with items from our garden; Rhubarb (April-July), Strawberries (June), Raspberries, Cherries, (July), Blueberries (July/Aug), Peaches, Nectarines (Aug), Apples, Pears (Aug/Sept), Plums, or Grapes (Sept)
- We love to provide garden sides of Potatoes (Aug/Sept), Lettuce (June/July), Tomatoes (Aug/Sept) or Zucchini (July-Sept)
- Perhaps it will be an omelet with Fresh Peppers (July/Aug), Onions (June-Sept) and Tomatoes (Aug/Sept) and seasoned with fresh herbs (Oregano, Sage, Chives, Parsley, Basil, Dill - April to Oct)
Many of these treats are available year 'round from our preserves pantry and freezer.
A 10 minute walk from A Li'l Bit of Eden is Trius Winery with its renowned Trius Winery Restaurant and award winning wines. Tours and special events run throughout the year. Famous Hockey Player Wayne Gretzky has his Winery and Distillery next to Trius
Get in touch with local living - Around the corner in the Village of Virgil you will find relaxed family dining in various local restaurants and several antique shops.
Not far down the road is Historic Old Town Niagara on the Lake with the Shaw Festival Theatres and quaint shops.
A couple of minutes in the other direction brings you to the Welland Canal where you can bike, walk or skate the recreational trail and view huge lakers passing through the locks on the St Lawrence Seaway between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario.
No trip to Niagara is complete without taking the short drive to Niagara Falls to see one of the wonders of the world.
Follow the QEW towards NIAGARA. As you are leaving ST. CATHARINES take exit 38B to Highway #55 just after descending from the Garden City Skyway bridge.
Follow the signs to NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE details below:
Turn left onto York Road,
right onto Airport Road
and right onto Highway 55 (Niagara Stone Road).
After the traffic circle, turn LEFT onto Concesion 6. Turn RIGHT onto Line 2 (1st stop sign). A Li'l Bit of Eden is the 4th house on the left (with the B&B sign at the road (#420).
From the U.S.A. - Buffalo & Niagara Falls Border Crossing -
Follow the QEW towards TORONTO. Take exit 38 to Highway #55. Exit 38 is one exit after Mountain St Exit. Follow the signs to Niagara-on-the-Lake. See Directions in above paragraph.
For U.S. visitors who cross the border at the Lewiston, NY bridge to Queenston, Ontario:
Turn right IMMEDIATELY after leaving Canadian Customs and follow the signs to NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE along the Niagara Parkway(about 4.5mi or 7.5km). Turn LEFT onto Line 3 and continue (about 3.5mi or 6km. Turn RIGHT on Concession 6. Continue to Line 2 (2nd stop) Turn RIGHT on Line 2. A Li'l Bit of Eden is the 4th house on the left (#420 Line 2)